Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Post #5: Dig Into Your Beliefs

To me, being loyal to one's family is definitely more important than being loyal to your friends. Friends aren't people who you can rely on to stay in your corner when things get rough. Friends aren't made to keep forever. Whether your life situations change or you have a fallout in the relationship, friends and other acquaintances are different than your family. Family, by almost default, are going to be on your side whether your were in the right or in the wrong. You may be at fault in a certain situation, but your family is going to help you get through and reteach the lessons and values being in said situation taught and you will be a better person for on when you come out on the other side. Friends aren't made for that. Friends are only good for a couple laughs; they are good for checking each other's progress in life and when you that conversation is done, you return to your own world and living situation. I wouldn't expect a friend to do any special for me and I hope my friends understand that I won't do any special favors for them. Friends are either not around or completely disappear when the life isn't going your way. I feel sorry for people who have a bunch of different "friends" or "acquaintances" because they will pull the rug from under you. Sure it's good to have a few friends and hang out because it's healthy for you, but don't expect your "friends" to pull over on the side of the road and help you fix your flat tire. I hold my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment